Dear 2008 (written by Miss Sophisticated)

12/31/2008 08:12:00 AM Posted In , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
Dear 2008,

I know you gonna miss me. We been through some rough times but yet I'm glad I made it out alive. And as the saying goes, all things must come to an end. So this is my farewell letter to you. But just like my co-writer said, first & foremost I have to give praises to my Father up above. If it wasn't for Him, I wouldn't have been able to experience this journey with you 08.

I don't understand why I went through some of the shit I've been through with you 08 & to be honest, I have a major problem with it. We got beef 08, major beef. But let me break it down to you, just in case u forgot some things & missed a few details... So pay attention.

I brought in my 2008 with my sister from another mother, Ms. Simpson & boy was it an interesting night. Now I'm glad I bought it in with someone I consider to be family BUT deep down inside, I really had other plans in mind. I was SUPPOSED to bring you in with the person I was dating at the time but it seems as though work was much more important than me in his eyes. And I personally believe that is why my year has been down the drain.

From school bullshit to relationship problems, I seem to be more stressed out in 08 than ever b4. Why did you have to be this way towards me 08? I really didnt deserve this... Now it has me skeptical about my 09 and I hate for you to be the cause for me to have these feelings towards my future.

Only good thing I can say that came out of this year is meeting the love of my life. Gosh, I don't know what I'd do without him. But yet, there's some things that I've done in our relationship that has me at the point of thinkin "why is this happening to me?" "what have I done to deserve this?" These are questions I have to ask you mr. 2008 cuz I swear I've never experienced shit like this. I'm not gonna go into specific details because you know what pain you've caused me from the time he's came into my life. I just need to get ahold of this. Wish you can help me understand this cause I'm leaving you 08 & going into another year confused as hell. But I must say, after all the shit we've been through, I have not once regret getting that sweet message on my myspace and then falling in love with him... Not now, not EVER.

Another thing (which seems to be a continuous thing every year), is me trying to finish my education. And I have to say to you 08 that you took this financial aid stuff to a whole different level. Like I don't understand how extra funds that I had no knowledge of come out of NOWHERE... But I cant come down on you too much 08 because this has been an continuous thing since I've started school...

Its a lot more that has gone down in 08 that I can say has made me a better person. Gotta learn from mistakes & keep moving forward. So I do wanna thank you 08 for showing me that I can make it out of any situation.
So although you put me through hell 08, I'm not gonna end this letter on a bad note. I'm taking on new strengths into the new year. Leaving all the nonsense & drama behind with you 08 and bringing in new beginnings for 2009.

So Listen here 2008 baby, I just believe it's the right thing to do
I got a brand new bitch, the year 2009, She showing me a lot of action right now
And I know you put me on my feet and all,
but I mean, it's time for me to grow
You gotta let me go baby, you gotta let me go
I'm done for now,
so one for now
Possibly forever,
we had fun together
But like all good things, we must come to an end
Please show the same love to my friends
Dear 2008


Sincerely,
Miss Sophisticated

0 comments:

Que & Dawn

Que & Dawn

Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie

Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie

Will & Jada Smith

Will & Jada Smith

Beyonce & Jay-Z

Beyonce & Jay-Z