Dear 2008.......JOIN ME BLOG FAMILY!! :-D

12/20/2008 08:48:00 PM Posted In , , Edit This 8 Comments »

Yes, this is another blog with a pic of a calendar
BUT...it is for a VERY different reason!!!
Once again my homegirl Aliyah has come up with a wonderful idea....one so wonderful that i HAD TO share it with my blog family ASAP!!!
It is about to be 2009 (as we all know)...only a little while left until this entire year of 2008 is only a memory...
So what better way to pay homage to 2008 then to write this past year a letter from the heart. To vent about all the bones you have to pick with the year, thank the year for all the wonderful things that took place or even curse 2008 the fuck out for bringing you nothing but grief!!
SO TO MY BLOG FAMILY:
I INVITE YOU TO JOIN ME IN WRITING A PERSONAL LETTER TO 2008 AND POSTING IT ON YOUR BLOGSPOT AS A BLOG CALLED
"DEAR 2008"
I'M HOPING THAT EVERYONE I HAVE MET THROUGH THIS BLOG IS WILLING TO DO THIS BECAUSE I WILL BE POSTING MY OWN ALSO. ITS BASICALLY JUST REFLECTING ON YOUR YEAR AND VENTING (through a letter) ABOUT WHAT YOU LIKED, DISLIKED, WOULD DO DIFFERENTLY, OR EVEN DO AGAIN!!
Disclaimer: if you do not have an official blog and usually only comment through an AIM name or another "Open ID" then i encourage you to put your letter's either as a comment to this post...or a comment to my actual letter that i write to 2008. And feel free to use my letter as an example for your own if this is unclear in any way (although there are NO rules or anything...especially if YOU are the one writing the letter...its whatever you wanna write!!)
I'm hoping that this gets a big response because i am SO looking forward to seeing if anyone's year was anything like mine lmao. And please feel free to pass the idea if it catches your eye in any way...i wont be mad...i'll consider it you "paying it forward" lol
If you're a regular blogger, or someone who just supports my blog...leave a comment letting me know if you're gonna write the letter so i can know whos to look for :) (yes Serita, i even wanna see yours!!)
*sits indian style ready to read other letters*
_Ms Simpson_

8 comments:

Social Disaster said...

I will write a letter sometime this week, this should be interesting. :)

Anonymous said...

But I dont wanna write a Dear 2008 letter!!! *stomping around* LOL...

sike, give me time to think on this letter =] shit may end up being a damn novel letter LOL.

Unknown said...

uak...I already started writing!! 6 paragraghs in the making...holds no bars...this will be very deep and explicit!!

Peggy M. said...

I'll start my letter either tomorrow or friday.

Adina said...

This is a great idea!!!I will start mines Fri or Sat.

DOAYM said...

As soon as I get to NY saturday, I'll jot it down on my hand held for ya homie.

Social Disaster said...

Hey I did mine. I can't wait to see everyone elses. I deticated this post to you by the way. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I want not concur on it. I regard as polite post. Expressly the title-deed attracted me to review the intact story.

Que & Dawn

Que & Dawn

Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie

Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie

Will & Jada Smith

Will & Jada Smith

Beyonce & Jay-Z

Beyonce & Jay-Z